REI #OptOutside College Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS SPONSORED BY NEATO AGENCY, LLC. IT IS NOT SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH INSTAGRAM OR TWITTER.
The REI #OptOutside College Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (and the District of Columbia), who are at least eighteen (18) years old and enrolled as a college student at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Proof of residency, age and college enrollment may be required. Employees and directors of Recreational Equipment, Inc. (“REI"), Sync Marketing LLC, Neato Agency, LLC and their subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, and advertising or promotional agencies or individuals involved with the design, production, execution or distribution of the Sweepstakes and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, stepparents, children, stepchildren, siblings, stepsiblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members” shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. In order to enter the Sweepstakes or receive a prize, you must fully comply with the Official Rules and, by entering, you represent and warrant that you agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions shall be binding and final in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Sponsor and Administrator
Sponsor: Neato Agency, LLC, 220 N Green Street, Chicago, IL 60607
Administrator: Sync Marketing LLC, 10960 Wellworth Avenue, Unit 301, Los Angeles, CA 90024.
Sweepstakes begins September 1, 2017 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time and ends December 4, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time (“Sweepstakes Entry Period”). Sponsor is the official time keeper for this Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is governed by these Official Rules and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
4. How to Enter
There are two ways to enter:
- Enter through Instagram. During the Entry Period: 1) snap a photo of yourself outside enjoying the many benefits of the outdoors; such as hiking, biking, yoga, etc. (the “Photo”); and 2) upload the Photo on Instagram with the hashtags #OptOutside and #CollegeSweepstakes in the post.
- Enter through Twitter. During the Entry Period upload the Photo on Twitter with the hashtags #OptOutside and #CollegeSweepstakes in the post.
Special Considerations for Twitter Entries: You must have your Twitter profile settings as PUBLIC (not protected) to enter your Photo. To participate in the Sweepstakes, if you do not already have a Twitter account, download the free Twitter application (compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and Android) and create an account as instructed. Getting a Twitter account is free. Photo must comply with Twitter’s Terms of Service, which can be found at https://twitter.com/tos?lang=en. ALL PHOTOS MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM ET ON December 4, 2017. Limit of one entry per person, per Twitter account, per day during the Sweepstakes Entry Period. Use of multiple Twitter accounts to enter by the same individual is prohibited and may result in disqualification. Photos will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account from which the Photo is uploaded at the time of the entry, as identified by the primary email address associated with that account. Photos will not be acknowledged or returned.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will be void and your entries and you will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to enter is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries all of which will be ineligible to win a prize. In the event of a dispute as to any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners of any prize may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to be awarded the prize. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be returned or cancelled.
5. Photo Requirements
The Photo must comply with the following requirements: (i) the Entrant must be present in Photo in some capacity (could be shoes, full photo, a hand, etc. ('show us you outside'), and not show any other individual; (ii) must align with Sponsor’s brand message to encourage individuals to get outside and enjoy the many benefits of the outdoors (can be a picnic in a big park in the middle of the city or a remote hiking trail, but shouldn't be a rooftop restaurant in a big city, unless that space becomes a Yoga class destination); (iii) not show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name, logo or product of any other retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character in such a way or manner as to imply an affiliation with, or endorsement of, REI or REI partners (the brands REI sells); (iv) the Photo must be entrant’s own original work (or the entrant must have the rights from the photographer to make the submission), created solely by entrant and not created professionally; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form; must not have won any award; and must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity; (v) the Photo may not contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any material that is violent, lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous, racially or morally offensive or otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material; (vi) the Photo cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (vii) the Photo cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; (viii) the Photo cannot contain any personal identification, such as personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without express permission; (ix) the Photo cannot itself be in violation of any law; and (x) the Photo must otherwise be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Photo that Sponsor believes, in its sole discretion, does not comply with or is in violation of these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content.
6. Grant of Rights
By submitting a Photo, the entrant represents and warrants that he/she has all rights, title and interest necessary to grant REI the worldwide, irrevocable and unrestricted right and license to adapt, publish, use, edit, and/or modify such Photo in any way and post the Photo on the internet or use the Photo in any other way and agrees to indemnify and hold REI harmless from any claims to the contrary.
7. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification
Each person who enters this Sweepstakes represents and warrants as follows: (i) entrant has obtained any and all necessary permissions required to submit the Photo and for Sponsor’s right to use the Photo for any purpose; (ii) the Photo is owned by entrant and has not been previously published, distributed or otherwise exploited; (iii) the Photo is wholly original with entrant and, as of the date of submission, the Photo is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iv) the Photo does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity, including, but not limited to, rights of privacy and publicity; and (v) the Photo does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be considered defamatory or libelous. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Sponsor, Administrator, REI, and their subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
8. Winner Determination
On or about October 2, 2017, November 1, 2017 and December 5, 2017 Administrator will select one (1) entry for each monthly prize described below in a random drawing of all valid entries received. On or about December 5, 2017 Administrator will select one (1) entry for the grand prize described below in a random drawing of all valid entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received up to the time of the drawing. POTENTIAL WINNER WHO ENTERED VIA INSTAGRAM WILL BE NOTIFIED BY A REPLY TO THEIR POST ON INSTAGRAM FROM @SYNCMARKETING AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND WITHIN 48 HOURS OF NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL. POTENTIAL WINNER WHO ENTERED VIA TWITTER WILL BE NOTIFIED BY A REPLY TO THEIR POST ON TWITTER FROM @SYNC_MARKETING AND WILL BE REQUIRED TO RESPOND WITHIN 48 HOURS OF NOTIFICATION VIA EMAIL. Potential winner must follow the initial prize claim instructions and any subsequent claim instructions, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety. It is recommended that you confirm your Instagram and/or Twitter notification settings are turned on. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the potential winner is final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Failure to respond to an initial notification within 48 hours will result in disqualification. Limit of one monthly prize per person.
9. POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR AND/OR ADMINISTRATOR. SPONSOR AND ADMINISTRATOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE ADMINISTRATION, OPERATION, SELECTION OF THE WINNER AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES.
10. Verification of Potential Winners
Potential winners may be required to provide evidence that demonstrates eligibility of being enrolled as a college student at the time entry. Potential winners may be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Publicity Release (where permitted by law) (collectively, the “Affidavit”) by the date specified by Sponsor, or an alternate potential winner may be selected. In the event: (a) potential winner cannot be reached for whatever reason after a reasonable effort has been exerted or the potential winner notification or Affidavit is returned as undeliverable; (b) potential winner declines or cannot accept, receive or use the prize for any reason; (c) of noncompliance with the above or within any of the aforesaid time periods; (d) potential winner is found to be ineligible to enter the Sweepstakes or receive the prize; (e) potential winner cannot or does not comply with the Official Rules, or (f) potential winner fails to fulfill the Affidavit-related obligations, the potential winner shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes and an alternate potential winner may be selected, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, from among the other eligible entries received. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification and Affidavit procedures in connection with the selection of alternate potential winner, if any.
- September Prize: One (1) winner will receive a two-hundred and fifty ($250) REI gift card.
- October Prize: One (1) winner will receive a two-hundred and fifty ($250) REI gift card.
- November Prize: One (1) winner will receive a two-hundred and fifty ($250) REI gift card. Grand Prize:
- Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize winner will receive one (1) of the below listed REI Adventure trips for winner and one (1) guest valued at no more than $4,250 (including airfare which has an estimated value of $600 per person). Trip must be taken by December 4, 2018. REI Adventure trips available for the winner to select include the following:
- Grand Canyon Backpacking - North Rim (Level 5)
- Grand Canyon Backpacking – South Rim (Level 5)
- Superstition Mountains Backpacking (Level 3-4)
- Superstition Mountains Women’s Backpacking (Level 3-4)
- Backpacking California's Anza-Borrego Desert (Level 3-4)
- Backpacking California's Lost Coast (Level 4)
- Backpacking Joshua Tree National Park (Level 3-4)
- Mount Shasta Climb – North Face (Level 5)
- Mount Shasta Climb – South Face (Level 3)
- Mount Shasta Women's Climb (Level 5)
- Pacific Crest Trail Backpacking (Level 3)
- Pacific Crest Trail Women's Backpacking (Level 3)
- Sequoia National Park Backpacking (Level 4)
- Yosemite Backpacking – Classic Yosemite (Level 3-4)
- Yosemite Backpacking – Grand Canyon of the Tuolumne (Level 4)
- Yosemite Backpacking – Half Dome (Level 4)
- Yosemite Backpacking – Hetch Hetchy (Level 3)
- Yosemite Backpacking – The High Country (Level 3-4)
- Yosemite Volunteer Vacation (Level 3)
- Yosemite Women’s Backpacking – Half Dome (Level 4)
- Yosemite Women’s Backpacking – The High Country (Level 3-4)
- Rocky Mountains Backpacking – East Inlet (Level 3-4)
- Rocky Mountains Backpacking – North Inlet (Level 3-4)
- Appalachian Trail Hut-to-Hut Hiking Pemigewasset Wilderness (Level 4)
- Appalachian Trail Hut-to-Hut Hiking – Presidential Peaks (Level 4)
- Mount Washington Winter Climb (Level 4)
- White Mountains Hut-to-Hut Snowshoe (Level 3-4)
- White Mountains Ice Climbing Basics (Level 3)
- Great Smoky Mountains Backpacking – Blue Ridge Parkway (Level 3)
- North Carolina Rock Climbing (Level 3)
- Carolina Kayaking Swamp to Sea (Level 3-4)
- Coastal Carolina Sea Kayaking (Level 3)
- Great Smoky Mountains Adventure (Level 3)
- Great Smoky Mountains Backpacking – Appalachian Trail (Level 4)
- Great Smoky Mountains Women's Adventure (Level 3)
- Great Smoky Mountains Women’s Backpacking (Level 3-4)
- Bryce Hiking Weekend (Level 3)
- Bryce Women’s Hiking & Camping Weekend (Level 3)
- Grand Canyon & Bryce Mountain Biking (Level 3)
- Zion Hiking Weekend (Level 3)
- San Juan Islands Weekend Kayaking (Level 3)
- San Juan Islands Women's Weekend (Level 3)
- Grand Teton Kayaking (Level 3)
- Yellowstone Backpacking – Bechler River (Level 4)
- Yellowstone Backpacking – Black Canyon (Level 3-4)
- Yellowstone Backpacking – Gallatin Mountains (Level 4)
- Yellowstone Kayaking (Level 3-4)
- Grand Canyon Backpacking - North Rim (Level 5)
REI Adventure Trip Details: The trip prize is referred to in these Official Rules as "Trip" or “prize”. Trip prize includes (a) round-trip coach airfare for winner and a guest for transportation from winner’s home airport to Trip starting point, (b) all guide services, and (c) meals and accommodations as further detailed on the REI Adventures websites listed above. The itinerary is subject to change based on availability. Prizes are not transferable, are not eligible for the REI member refund, and may not be used with any other promotional discount. No substitutions or exchanges (including for cash) of any prizes will be permitted, except that REI reserves the right to substitute a prize of comparable or greater value for any prize. Dates of travel for the Trip are subject to availability. Winner's guest must be at least 18 years of age prior to winner's guest taking the Trip unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest. The winner and guest must travel on the same Trip. Winner and guest must book their Trip by February 1, 2018 and complete travel by December 4, 2018. Ground transportation will be provided at Sponsor’s discretion if winner lives within 150 miles of destination for Trip. Winner and guest are responsible for ground transportation to and from the departure airport, all meals and all other expenses that winner and guest incur in connection with the applicable Trip other than those outlined in the prize description, including, but not limited to, certain beverages, certain in-country travel costs, optional taxis, side trips and all applicable passport, visa, and entry/exit fees. Winner and guest must sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any other required REI releases and waivers related to the Trip before taking the Trip. Winner and guest must meet the health and fitness requirements outlined below and any other REI prerequisites for the Trip. Failure to complete all forms provided by REI accurately and in a timely manner may result in disqualification from the Trip. REI requires all of its trip participants to be prepared physically, technically, and psychologically for all programs, and REI reserves the right to disqualify the winner or guest from the scheduled Trip at any time for any health or safety reason in REI's sole discretion. Approximate retail value of Trip is $4,250. If the grand prize winner selects a Trip which has a value of less than $4,250 no additional prizing will be provided.
Activity levels can vary from relaxed to strenuous. Carefully review the activity level for each trip. Details on each activity level can be found at https://www.rei.com/adventures/resources/faqs.html.
Winner and guest agree to allow REI and its designees to interview, videotape, photograph and otherwise record winner and guest and their experiences ("Recordings") while on the applicable Trip, and, in addition to and together with the permission granted in Section 13 below, to use the Recordings and derivative works thereof, in whole or in part, for in-store advertising, social media advertising, Web advertising, on REI Adventures trip pages, signage, direct mail and for any other promotional or advertising purpose or any instructional/educational purpose without further permission or compensation to winner or guest.
Gift Card Terms: Gift Card Terms: Gift Card is redeemable for merchandise only at REI retail stores in the United States or at http://www.rei.com. Gift Card is subject to its terms and conditions and may not be returned, redeemed for cash (except to the extent required by law) or used as payment on or credit to any credit card accounts. Not valid on prior purchases. The Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen. In no event will the Gift Card prize value exceed the stated value. In the event the winner purchases more than the stated value worth of merchandise, the winner will be solely responsible for payment of those costs.
For all Prizes: No cash equivalent for the prize, prize is non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. Winner (or parent / legal guardian if winner is a minor) is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. All federal, state, and local tax liabilities, as well as any other costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner may be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form (i.e. Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification). Prize will be awarded only if the potential prize winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Approximate Retail Value of all prizes is $5,000.
12. Entry Conditions and Release
Each entrant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, Administrator which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes; (b) defend, indemnify, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, REI, and their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, celebrities, and any other person and organization responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, and all of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession, attendance at, defect in, delivery of, inability to use, use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry. Winner acknowledge that all prizes are awarded as-is without warranty of any kind.
Except where prohibited or restricted by law, winner’s acceptance of prize constitutes the winner’s agreement and consent for Sponsor and any of its designees to use and/or publish winner’s full name, city and state of residence, photographs or other likenesses, pictures, portraits, video, voice, testimonials, biographical information (in whole or in part), and/or statements made by winner regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsor, worldwide and in perpetuity for any and all purposes, including, but not limited to, advertising, trade and/or promotion on behalf of Sponsor, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised, including, but not limited to, print, TV, radio, electronic, cable, or World Wide Web, without further limitation, restriction, compensation, notice, review, or approval.
14. General Conditions
Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors shall not have any obligation or responsibility, including any responsibility to award any prize to entrants, with regard to: (a) entries that contain inaccurate information or do not comply with or violate the Official Rules; (b) entries, prize claims or notifications that are lost, late, incomplete, illegible, unintelligible, damaged or otherwise not received by the intended recipient, in whole or in part, due to computer, human or technical error of any kind; (c) entrants who have committed fraud or deception in entering or participating in the Sweepstakes or claiming the prize; (d) telephone, electronic, hardware, software, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties; (e) any inability of the winner to accept the prize for any reason; (f) if a prize cannot be awarded due to delays or interruptions due to Acts of God, natural disasters, terrorism, weather or any other similar event beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control; or (g) any damages, injuries or losses of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from awarding, acceptance, possession, use, misuse, loss or misdirection of any prize or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or any promotion or prize related activities. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be (a) tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or with any Website promoting the Sweepstakes; (b) acting in violation of the Official Rules; or (c) entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes multiple times through the use of multiple email addresses or the use of any robotic or automated devices to submit entries. If Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events compromise the integrity or viability of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to void the entries at issue, and/or terminate the relevant portion of the Sweepstakes, including the entire Sweepstakes, and/or modify the Sweepstakes and/or award the prize from all eligible entries received as of the termination date.
15. Limitations of Liability The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of registrations; or (e) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant’s registration is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes. No more than the stated number of each prize will be awarded.
16. Disputes Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate Washington State Court located in King County, Washington; (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (d) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
17. Sweepstakes Results
For Sweepstakes results, send an email with the subject line of “Winners List – REI #OptOutside College Sweepstakes” to email@example.com. Requests for the Winner’s List must be received by February 1, 2018.
For questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter. Any and all questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed only to Administrator and not Instagram or Twitter.